Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
|Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic|
|Cover of the version of the game|
|Release Date||Jul 15, 03|
Star Wars: Knights of Old Republic is an Role-playing game, developed by Bioware and released July 14th, 2003 in North America and September 3rd, 2003 in Europe. Within it, you take the role of a character and a group of mishappen adventurers throughout the galaxy in a time 4,000 years before the time the movies were set in, during an intergalactic war that the player must get involved in.
The KotOR storyline starts several months before your character wakes up on the Endar Spire, as it comes under attack. Bastila, the Jedi commander of the Endar Spire, and a master of many techniques for such a young women, went up one to one against Revan, defeating him and removing him from the picture, so that Malak, his second in command, takes control of the fleet.
However, whether under Malak or under Revan, the Sith continue to wage a war against the old Republic. Their forces are strong, and already many planets and many more soldiers have fallen to the forces which seem to be endless. You, a simple person in the army of the empire, was chosen for this mission by Bastila herself, because of your wide range of skills and the ability to speak many languages.
...and with the first shot to the Spire, your story unfolds.
 Notable Places
 Background Information
Additional information about Knights of the Old Republic not related to gameplay.
 System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 98 or higher
- Computer: 100% DirectX 9.0b compatable computer required
- CPU: Pentium III or Athlon Class 1 GHz or fasater CPU required
- Memory: 128MB RAM Required for Windows 98. 256MB required for Windows ME/2000/XP.
- Graphics Card: 32 MB OpenGL compatable PCI or AGP 3D Hardware Accelerator required with T&L compatability required.
- Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0b audio device required.
- Immersive, action-packed Star Wars role-playing experience with customizable and evolving playable characters.
- Choose from nine customizable characters to build your party of three adventurers, including humans, droids, Twi'leks, Wookiees and more.
- Journey spans seven different worlds including Tatooine, Sith world of Korriban, Jedi Academy on Dantooine and Wookiee homeworld of Kashyyyk.
- Build your party and upgrade your equipment in your own starship, the Ebon Hawk.
- Fast paced mini-games -- such as racing swoop bikes, or manning turret guns.
- Real Time Battles
 Release Dates
- North America: July 15th, 2003
- Europe: September 3rd, 2003
 Easter Eggs
There are two Easter Eggs which are consistently mentioned by the public that are within the Knights of the Old Republic game.
- An obvious Star Trek reference, Sisko and his senior staff are forced to play a game called Chula which has them as the pieces. In there, one of the tasks was to cross an energy field which could be passed through by following the girl’s path through the field, singing the same thing as her. T3-M4’s twirp sounds the same.
- When on Dantooine, you will meet a character names Nemo. Later on, he will disappear and a man will ask you to find him, only to find his body later on. The joke is obvious for Disney fans, and it’s that you had to find Nemo.
 Guides and Info
Related ThreadsChronicles Of The Old Republic - last post by @ Dec 19, 2004
The Old Republic Information Thread - last post by @ Dec 3, 2011
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 or 2 - last post by @ Oct 6, 2007
Vote for new toy- Knights of the Old Republic - last post by @ Aug 12, 2006
Vote for a new toy-Knights of the Old Republic - last post by @ Jul 12, 2006